Lake Lefroy Including Big-Pit Scenic Flight
At a Glance:
- Adult: $250 per person Pensioner: $240* Child: $200** per person Infant: Free***
- Flight Duration: 60 Minutes
- Departs from Goldfields Air Services Flight School
Departing Kalgoorlie Airport, you will fly over the city of Kalgoorlie, taking in the golf course, Karlkurla Park and Hannan Street with its impressive gold-plated dome clocktower. From here you will head out over the impressive Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mine “Super Pit.” Visible from space, at over 3.5km long, 1.5km wide and 600 metres deep, the Super Pit is truly something to behold. After circling the Super pit to get an all-angles view, you will fly out to the Nickel Smelter before continuing south to Kambalda and Lake Lefroy. Lake Lefroy is a magnificent salt lake which stands out from the surrounding area by its pure white, gleaming colour and extreme lack of vegetation. Popular for land sailing, part of the lakebed is also unusual in that it is home to several open cut mining operations. The contrast between the stark white salt and the sudden transition to deep mining excavations makes for an impressive view.
Depending on conditions, there can be a shallow layer of water on the lakebed, which on a calm day creates breathtaking reflections that will give you the opportunity to take award-winning photographs.
- * "Pensioner" rate applies to holders of a valid Australian Pensioner Card, to be shown at check-in.
- ** "Child" rate applies to children aged under 15 years of age
- *** "Infant" rate applies to children aged under 2 years of age that can sit on an adult's lap in the aircraft